Saturday 8 March 2014

WIP 15mm Tau from CMG Ygs

Hi guys, haven't done much hobby stuff lately, was going to do some painting but it's been to hot over the last couple of days, so decided to do some work on my long neglected 15mm Tau army.
I was originally going to use Khurasan Felids as the basis for my Tau (see link below)
http://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com.au/search/label/15mm%20Tau
However I have returned to my original choice, CMG Ygs, these are nearly finished, I have 25 fire warriors and 5 stealth suits, the fire warriors just need better weapons and some small details added, the stealth suits need shoulder armour, helmet and some small details, I am thinking of turquoise and white with some orange details as the colour scheme. All C&C welcome.












9 comments:

  1. Wow, those are pretty close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic! Looking forward to seeing them painted.

    I've always thought turquoise is a good Tau colour. I think it was the sky tone on their original codex that made the link for me. My Tau infantry & BFG fleet have a turquoise scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job, i've always thought 40K would be cool in 15mm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very convincing conversions- great work Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, and it is great to see you "back" at it again.

    What are you going to do for the various Tau tanks and heavier battle suits?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, it is a little hard to see from the picture, but the stealth suits should be somewhat taller than the standard firewarriors, with larger "hoofed" feet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys
    Hi LG the stealth suits are a bit taller than the fire warriors, I have added their shoulder armour, and done work to the legs, so they are more imposing now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi LG you can see my attempt at a conversion of a GW Tau piranha to a 15mm Devilfish, go to my 15mm Tau label

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of using Dream pod 9 mechs as crisis suits, but I like the skinny leg look of the crisis suits, not sure if the results would be worth that much converting though

    ReplyDelete